Monday, October 23, 2017

Circoscrizione UK

mondo.png

English_flag.jpg

 

 

ireland-flag.jpgUnder the patronage of Our Lady of Sorrows

madonna_della_pietà.jpg

                    

 

 Coordinatrice:     Sister Teresa Molloy     

Rosminian Sisters in England and Ireland

It was in 1843 that two Italian Sisters, Sr. M Francesca Parea and Sr. Maria Anastasia Samonini arrived in Loughborough, a town in the English Midlands. Over the course of the following years they were joined by a number of girls who wanted to become Sisters. They took charge of the first Catholic day school conducted by religious Sisters in in England.   In 1850 the community moved into a purpose built Convent and that was to be the main residence of the Rosminian sisters in England until the Community moved into a smaller Convent, built on the on the far side of the garden, in 2008. The original Convent is now occupied by the pupils of Our Lady’s Convent School which is still in existence today. It is now run by lay staff but the Sisters retain ownership of the property and are Trustees of the school. There is regular contact between the staff and pupils with the Sisters.

As the number of sisters increased in the Loughboough Community, it was possible for them to establish small communities in different parts of the country in response to requests from bishops. The Sisters still have a presence in London and in Bexhill-on –sea where parish ministry is continues to be undertaken.

mappa_uk.png

 

 

LA NOSTRA PRESENZA:

U.K. :

LONDON                               Flat 170, Guilford Road, Holborn,    
 
 
LOUGHBOROUGH            Rosmini House - 19, Garton Road
From abroad: Loughborough – Leics - LE11 2DY

 

BEXHILL-ON-SEA             ROSMINIAN CONVENT   8, Rotherfield Avenue - -   East Sussex TN40 1SY

 

IRELAND :

DUBLIN                           ROSMINIAN CONVENT   104a, Griffith Court –                      
                                           Fairview

 

BELFAST                         ROSMINIAN CONVENT   30A Deanby Gardens –- T14          
                                           6NN